Join us tomorrow, June 3, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. for a webinar featuring The Honorable Eric Holder, 82nd Attorney General of the United States, to discuss the topic of Law and Crisis Management: Working with Lawyers in Business, Government, and Society to Manage the Challenges of COVID-19. You may register for this event at VirtualConferenceAfrica.com.
Drawing on insights from leading lawyers across Africa, this webinar focuses on how the law connects businesses, governments, and societies. Understanding Africa through this lens provides a unique perspective on Africa’s short, medium, and long-term response and strategy. In a time of legal uncertainty, this webinar also explores some of the substantive questions facing legal practitioners, as well as the developmental and social challenges the pandemic presents for African societies.
Mr. Holder will be joined by the following astute individuals on this webinar:
- Professor David Wilkins, Lester Kissel Professor of Law, Vice Dean for Global Initiatives on the Legal Profession, and Faculty Director, Center on the Legal
- Profession, Harvard Law School
- Gerald Abila, Founder and Executive Director BarefootLaw
- Prof Ruth L. Okediji, Harvard Law School and Co-Director of Berkman Klein Center at Harvard
- Dr. Myma, Belo-Osagie Co-Founder Udo Udoma Belo-Osagie Michel
- Sandie Okoro, Senior Vice President and Group General Counsel, World Bank Group
- Michel Brizoua, Partner, Bilé-Aka, Brizoua-Bi & Associés
- Thandi Orleyn, Chairperson Legal Resources Trust South Africa
- Stephen Chege, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer Safaricom
- Dr. Godfred Penn, General Counsel & Director African Development Bank
- Prof. Vincent O. Nmehielle, SJD Secretary-General, African Development Bank Group